During the consultation:
- Initial visits typically last 1-2 hours, longer for multiples or complex breastfeeding issues.
- We will review your birth and breastfeeding history.
- Necessary, gentle assessments include: maternal breast assessment, feeding assessment, and infant oral assessment.
- Record baby’s weight
- Assess milk transfer
- Your questions or concerns will be addressed.
- We will develop a care plan together that includes practical solutions to help you meet your breastfeeding goals.